In January 2021, Hospitality Health ER began using bamlanivimab (BAM), a neutralizing antibody treatment for COVID.
Our medical team has been at the forefront of early onset COVID-19 mitigation, and we are grateful to announce that our 3 locations are stocked with this highly beneficial treatment. When a COVID-19 positive patient arrives at any of our facilities, the medical team will consider their need for a BAM infusion, alongside our multi-faceted COVID-19 response. Highly effective in reducing the need for hospitalizations when delivered during the initial week of infection, BAM is reserved for medically at-risk populations. Treatment can begin immediately in our facility, and patients are then kept for several hours of observation. Additional information about BAM for COVID-19 treatment follows:
- The same class of treatment President Trump received for COVID-19 in Oct 2020.
- Produced by Eli Lilly, the antibodies are derived from recovered COVID patients.
- BAM has been authorized for emergency use by FDA.
- Our bodies naturally take 7-10 to produce antibodies to combat the virus.
- This treatment is approved for patients who fit the medical criteria and are over the age of 12.
- We have treated members of our own medical staff with BAM with rapid recovery outcomes.
- This treatment is currently only available via infusion clinics and in-patient hospitals, following a multi-day, patient driven approval process.
“We are seeing the hospitalization rate for at-risk populations decrease by nearly 80% due to the utilization of BAM in our locations.”
– Dr. Gene Kelly, HHER24 Medical Director
HHER is providing regular updates and information about COVID-19 testing and treatment on our website to help the public stay informed. HHER is posting educational videos like proper hand washing and ways to boost immune systems on our social media platforms. Furthermore, we are staying up to date on any legislative changes that could impact our communities and patients related to COVID-19 and insurance coverage. Any changes we are communicating in a simple manner that everyone can understand. HHER’s owners and Medical team are communicating with Disaster preparedness teams, local officials and the Texas Department of Health on regular briefings. Our medical teams research new information related to the virus, testing, and treatments.
Finally, our policies are updated regularly and we continually educate our staff to offer the safest care to our patients. HHER has set up separate quarters to offer comprehensive care to anyone suspected of having COVID-19 without risking our employees or other patients health. This protocol has been in practice since February 2020.
Protecting American Families
HHER tests & treats COVID-19 24/7.
Many insurances WAIVE copays for COVID-19.
Check with your insurance for copay policies.
Ask about our billing assistance program.
Copyright © 2023 Hospitality Health ER | All Rights Reserved.